Water Industry News
Aqua America Completes Eight Acquisitions During First Quarter
April 11, 2005
BRYN MAWR, Pa.-- Aqua America, Inc. announced that it completed eight acquisitions in five states the first quarter of 2005. The first quarter growth comes on the heels of Aqua America's 29 acquisitions in 2004.
The acquisitions were of quite
small water systems, between 200 and 500 customers.
Aqua America Chairman Nick DeBenedictis said that. "These 'tuck-in' acquisitions continue to add to our customer numbers and help fill in our national footprint in the many areas in which we do
Aqua America completed the following purchases in the first quarter of 2005:
1. Aqua Texas, Inc. purchased the water system at the Saddlewood Estates development in Kerrville, Texas that currently serves 200 residents, and will serve an additional 250 residents upon the development's completion.
2. Aqua New Jersey, Inc. purchased the water and wastewater system assets of Bear Brook Village which currently serves more than 130 water and wastewater residents, plus a golf course, in Fredon Township, Sussex County. The system has the potential to serve 120 more residents upon the development's
3. Aqua Ohio, Inc. purchased the Norlick Place water system, which serves 345 residents in Center Township, Williams County.
4. Aqua New Jersey, Inc. recently purchased the water and wastewater system assets of Hanover Village which serves approximately 300 residents in North Hanover Township, Burlington County.
5. Aqua Missouri, Inc. purchased the water system assets of LTA Water
Company, which serves nearly 300 residents in Branson, Taney County.
6. Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc. purchased the Stanton water system which serves approximately 425 customers in South Abington Township, Lackawanna County.
March 2005 (not
rate regulated / non-ownership, wastewater contract
7. Aqua Wastewater Management, Inc. purchased the assets of Concord Wastewater Services, Inc. in Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
8. Aqua Wastewater Management, Inc. purchased the assets of Golden
Mechanical, Inc. in Delaware County, Pennsylvania.